Monday, November 8, 2010

Michael Jackson's Daughter Paris Remembers Her Dad's French Toast

Michael Jackson's Daughter Paris Remembers Her Dad's French Toast

During Oprah Winfrey's long-awaited interview with Michael Jackson's family (which airs today), the King of Pop's mother and children open up about their memories of the late star.

On Monday's episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, 12-year-old Paris Jackson reveals a side of her father not many knew. "He made the best French toast in the world," says Paris. "I kinda felt like no one understands what a good father he was. I'd say he was the best cook ever. He was just a normal dad, except he was the best dad."

Paris' older brother Prince Jackson, 13, recalls some fond memories of their father, too. During the interview, Prince describes times when he and his dad would take morning strolls on the beach with sodas and candy.

Both Prince and Paris say they're adjusting well to school. (The youngest of the bunch, 8-year-old Blanket Jackson, continues to be home-schooled.) But though his family seems to be living a normal life, Jackson is far from forgotten. "He always stays on my mind," his mother Katherine Jackson says. "His memory is with me."

And while the children focus on happy memories, Jackson's mother doesn't shy away from Oprah's tough questions. She comes clean about his multiple plastic surgeries, saying he started hating his appearance as a child.

"He didn't want to start looking 'like a spotted cow,' he said," Katherine explains of his multiple skin surgeries to treat his vitiligo. "I don't know what in the world he did to change that, but he did."

Katherine also opens up about Michael's nose surgeries. Though he once told Oprah he'd only had only two procedures done, Katherine disagrees.  "He had more than two, he was just embarrassed," she says. "I hear that people get addicted to plastic surgery, and I think that's what happened to him. I said, that's enough."

But plastic surgery wasn't the only thing Katherine believes Michael was addicted to. His mother also addresses the topic of his speculated drug addiction.

"I spoke to him about (drugs) once, when I had heard it and he denied it," Katherine says. "I was telling him I didn't want to one day hear that he had overdosed because it would break my heart...He kept saying, 'My own mother don't believe me.' Part of me wanted to believe him, but I didn't believe him."

Watch a sneak peek of the interview below: 

 

 

Will you be tuning in for Oprah Winfrey's interview with the Jackson family on Monday? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/michael-jacksons-daughter-paris-remembers-her-dads-french-toast/1-a-296946

Ivana Bozilovic Ivanka Trump Izabella Miko Izabella Scorupco

No comments:

Post a Comment